Tomato Timer is an excellent tool for your task and time
management. It helps you to get work done effectively. Stop
procrastination and become more productive with this
The application is inspired by time management method which uses a timer to break down periods of work into 25-minutes intervals separated by short breaks. After four work periods take a longer break.
- decide on the task to be done and mark it active
- set the timer to 25 minutes (or whatever time suits you best)
- work on the task until the timer rings
- take a short break (5 minutes)
- every four work periods take a longer break (25 minutes)
This application helps you with this time management technique. You'll be more efficient and better focused on your work. The method is based on the idea that frequent breaks can improve mental agility.
Elapsed timer is announced either by your own spoken text or by a sound. When work period is complete the number of elapsed periods of active task is automatically increased by one. This helps you to track your work.
What's New in Version 2.0.0
- nice looking (Mac-like) UI
- configurable work period counter
- sound volume settings
- Notification Center integration (OSX 10.8+ required)
- fixed minor bugs
Previous version brought:
Version 1.6 introduced a task management feature. Now you can create your task list right in the application and you can track your effort spent on tasks. When the timer rings the number of pomodoro periods of active task is automatically increased by 1. With this you can easily track the time you already spent on the task.
Version 1.6.3 requires OS X 10.6.6 (Snow Leopard) or newer. Task management feature requires OS X 10.7 (Lion) or later.
Check out also the iTomato Timer - iOS version of the tool.